COVINGTON COUNTY FLASH FLOODING… *Extremely* high rainfall rates are happening across the southern half of Covington County in places like Wing, Red Oak, Florala, Huckaville, McRae, and Lockhart. Please DO NOT DRIVE unless you absolutely have to in southern Covington County, as flash flooding IS happening.
We recommend no driving right now due to heavy rain/highly likely flash flooding on the following roadways…
- U.S. Highway 29 south of Andalusia
- The entirety of AL137/FL189 between Pleasant Home down to Baker, FL.
- AL55 from Andalusia through Libertyville southward all the way to Florala.
- US331 south of Opp to Florala.
- County Highway 4 from Lockhart all the way over to Bradley in Escambia County, AL.
VERY heavy rain is happening across the Covington County Highway 4 corridor, near Wing & Florala. Big rain also happening near the AU Solon-Dixon Forestry Center near Dixie… Rain rates exceeding 3″ per hour in some spots. Avoid driving in southern Covington County if you can! pic.twitter.com/xn1w7v63Y5
— Spinks Megginson (@rzweather) May 28, 2018