ALL CLEAR! SEVERE WEATHER RISK ENDS; TORNADO WATCH EXPIRES…
DAMAGE SUMMARY BELOW; NEED DAMAGE REPORTS… The severe weather risk has come to an end across all of southwest Alabama and northwest Florida. We can give an “all clear” to all parts of Covington, Okaloosa, Butler, Crenshaw, Santa Rosa, Escambia (FL), Monroe, Conecuh, Escambia (AL), Baldwin, Mobile, Washington, Clarke, Choctaw, and Wilcox counties. Strong to severe storms are now rumbling east and out our area in parts of Walton, Holmes, Geneva, Dale, Coffee, Houston, and Henry counties in southeast Alabama. Showers will continue on the eastern flank of our region near Andalusia, Opp, Florala, Crestview, Destin, and Navarre for the next hour or so, but the threat of dangerous weather is now over.
DAMAGE REPORTS ACROSS THE REGION… We know extensive tornado damage happened earlier today, including 3 fatalities, in Pickens County (AL), west of Tuscaloosa. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who lost loved ones in that storm. Damaging straight line winds ended up producing ALL of the damage across south Alabama and northwest Florida, however. IF you have damage or know of damage, please let us know in the comments below so we can relay these reports to our local National Weather Service office for their storm verification program. Your reports directly help improve the warning process for future events. Photos and videos are appreciated!
Here’s what we know so far as of 4:48PM…
– Trees were reported down near Coffeeville and West Bend in northwest Clarke County, AL.
– Trees and power lines were reported down near Winn in southern Clarke County, AL.
– The roof was ripped off a barn by straight line winds in Uriah, AL in Monroe County.
– Roof damage was reported to a small barn in Belleville, AL in Conecuh County.
– Multiple trees have been downed near Greenville, AL in Butler County.
– Our radio partner, WAAO, reports a tree down on Thomas Road and Substation Road in Opp, AL in Covington County.
– WAAO also reported a tree fall on River Falls Street in Andalusia in Covington County.
– A large tree fell in the northern part of Brewton in the subdivision south of Walmart in Escambia County, AL.
DAMAGE REPORTS NEEDED… If you know of damage not listed above, please let us know in the Facebook comments or on Twitter. Thank you!