11:35AM June 5, 2018

WIDESPREAD RAIN CONTINUES… Days like today are extremely frustrating for me, as a meteorologist. Widespread rain (and a few embedded thunderstorms) continue to push southeastward across our area late this morning. Frustrating because our forecast called for a 10% chance of rain, with a greater emphasis of rain possibilities near the coast. In a stunning rebuke to meteorologists across the local weather enterprise, the atmosphere decided on an 80-90% chance of rain instead! It’s mainly light to moderate rain, keeping temperatures cooler than forecast as well.

This afternoon, I wouldn’t be shocked to see a few more storms pop up across the region ahead of a drier evening/overnight. Here’s a current look at the radar…

Testing 123

Leave a Reply